Youth Ability Camp
Wednesday, 30 June 2021
The Youth Ability Camp is a summer camp organised by the Institut Guttmann in which the campers are a group of children and young people with functional diversity caused by spinal cord or acquired brain injuries. During the three days of the camp, young people can enjoy sports and cultural activities in the city of Barcelona and in turn work on therapeutic aspects related to their physical and cognitive rehabilitation.
- To improve the functional capacity (physical and cognitive) of children with disabilities
- To learn and train strategies to cope more effectively with activities of daily living
- To get to know and practise new sports
- To improve skills like self-management, autonomy and socialisation
- To promote the inclusion of children and young people in the community through their participation in this camp
Locations where the activity takes place:
- Barcelona Sailing International Centre
- Puerto del Fórum
- Club Natación Atlètic Barceloneta
The camp is aimed at:
Children and young people with disabilities aged between 13 and 25 who want to enjoy doing sport, experience living with other young people and learn skills that improve their functional autonomy, state of mind and, ultimately, their physical and mental well-being for satisfactory inclusion.