Spinal cord injury
Results of the rehabilitation process at hospital discharge
- 91% of patients return to their homes.
- With respect to FUNCTIONALITY: The “Functional Independence Measure” (FIM) scale shows functional results in our hospital patients equivalent to and some cases slightly higher than those obtained on average by the set of units included in the NSCISC (National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center) in the US.
Results at 2/5 years after discharge
These figures shows a comparison between two groups of patients evaluated in 2016: patients who were discharged two years ago and patients who were discharged 5 years ago.
- Is autonomous in normal activities of daily living
53% / 65%
- Control his/her personal finances.
77% / 77%
- Plans and conducts social activities autonomously
83% / 88%
- It goes home almost every day
87% / 88%
- Participate in leisure activities accompanied byfamily or friends
90% / 94%
- Work or study 20 or more hours a week
10% / 18%
Tuesday, 24 October, 2017 - 11:20